With the London 2022 Congress now less than 8 months away, it is important to observe some upcoming deadlines. These include IFSSH Pioneer of Hand Surgery nominations, congress host bids for the 2028 IFSSH Congress, and submissions for Executive Committee and Nominating Committee positions. Further information about each of these topics is enclosed in the IFSSH Newsletter. The IFSSH Ezine will be published next week and also will include more details.
The preparations for the London 2022 Congress have now reached the stage where:
– abstract submissions have closed, as have the UK Travelling fellowship applications, and these are undergoing review by the local committees. Notifications will be provided in due course and a detailed scientific programme will become available. https://ifssh-ifsht2022.com/#program
– social programmes are confirmed. https://ifssh-ifsht2022.com/#social
– registration will open very soon! https://ifssh-ifsht2022.com/#registration
May we please draw your attention to another initiative of the London 2022 hosts in relation to congress registration. With Covid restrictions still existing in some areas that may make travel uncertain, a hybrid congress will take place. Whilst we hope most are able to meet in person and enjoy the added benefits that this allows, online participation is also possible for registrants outside of Europe. In addition, the organizers have prepared an online congress registration offer for bulk subscriptions of groups >100 people. The full details of this offer are on the website (https://ifssh-ifsht2022.com/#registration), but copied below for your information:
ONLINE ONLY FEES – Conditions
1. Online only rates are available for countries outside EU and UK only. Do not entitle for face-to-face participation.
2. Bulk registration is available for groups of 100 pax or more. All administration is on the societies (communicate this to members, collect names with data, collect all money from members – and send the full list and the full amount to the secretariat with 1 action. Deadline to accept bulk registration is 1 April 2022.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to submit a group registration.
3. No refund is possible for online only access.
Please note that if you wish to take advantage of the bulk subscription offer for >100 registrations, this must be organised by your society and all names, contact details and monies provided in one communication to email@example.com.
We will meet during the London Congress for the 2022 IFSSH Delegates' Council Meeting . Full details of this will follow in early 2022.
Please encourage your society members to participate in this congress. The local organizing committee will be providing regular updates and we ask that you share these with your society's membership. We are excited to meet again to increase our hand surgery knowledge and renew our friendships.
S. Raja Sabapathy